Katan Katan

I can't say anything. I found it wonderful and I liked the fact that it was... Well, I'm just speechless. I loved it and it fully worth his 10-... Five stars. (Newgrounds, why did you change?)

Well,
5/5, 5/5, favorited, author favorited.
Great!

Rockoons 2 Rockoons 2

Man, I just can't say anything...

That movie is wonderful. Well, I just don't know what to say. You MUST whorship that like KaFuzz said. I just can't find anything bad about this.
Just.
Epic

5/5
10/10
Favorited
(I would like to download it :( )

Well, it fully worth his note of 4.44 and all those awards.

Breakdance for clocks Breakdance for clocks

A little funny... But just a bit...

The movie do not fit with the music. Not even a single bit 0_0. And even better, you placed the movie on the mode «Loop» and it's always doing the same thing... With the music that get one over the others.

Man,
0/5
1/10
NOT favorited

Baaad... Try to test your movie, the next time.

Super Mario Jump 2 Super Mario Jump 2

Well, I did not like it...

The goal is simple and original but, the prices are WAY too high... And, you would have got a 6 but I HATE the publicity that appear EACH time that you click a button on the menu... Sorry, but you've got a 2/10 and a 1/5 from me...

If you do a game, next time, try to take somes musics that actually fits the game. Also, there's not enough of features. Update this game, add more features, lower the prices a little and remove all that publicity! Also, I'm a WASD player so... If you could, you could add WASD controls...

So, hum, good luck...

wesleyd responds:

I can't see the publicity that appear, can you tell me where it appears ?

Spike - A Love Story Spike - A Love Story

Good, I guess...

Well, that's a pretty good game. But, there is a small bug... When I finished the last one, I missed it. But I also missed the two before. So, it shows me two texts one over the other. (Sorry, bad english.)

Well, good music but a litle repetitive. An original game. Thats worth a good 7/10 from me.

Matzerath responds:

Ah, the fabled 'rare bug'! I'll look into it!

DN8 DN8

Awesome game!

Is it me or, this game look like Mushihimesama? (An arcade game) I mean, only for the part where we have to advoid the bullets. But, well, the review now.

This game is awesome. It should have an hardcore mode because I found it a litle too easy. But, that doesn't change the note. The reason I gave it a 9 is, the game doesn't have a final boss... That should have been EPIC. It's only three boss that we've already killed in the previous levels. But, well, I still love this game! I'm gonna play often at this game. I love the way that we could choose our power up. I love the random soundtrack. I love the randoms sprite for the ennemies. I love... I love... Well, you know. I love everything in this game and will play it often, like I said.

9/10
5/5
Epic game
Favorited

Thanks for reading.

The Two Royal Brothers The Two Royal Brothers

I didn't know what song to review from you, especially since most of your recent ones are under a minute, so I went with this one!

I really like the medieval feeling in this song. This would be the kind of song that would play in a castle, so I'd say you succeeded on making it sound royal like your title suggests. The harpsichord really adds in a variety that's needed in this song. The saxophone bit (0:55) is really interesting to listen to, with the bells and all in the background that's with it. It might not make it sound "epic", but at least it adds to the castle-y impression and I like it ^^

Alright, now the flaws. I know it's not everyone that can afford or get good samples, but I would really like to hear a version where the brass-like instrument in the beginning and @ 0:37 sounds a bit more clearer and better. The rest of your samples sound good and they're alright, it's just this one that bugs me. The drums, though a bit repetitive, really sound great in this. I really like how you can easily notice the details in them, the smaller sounds don't get drowned out. So that's a plus.

The part @0:50 hurts my ears because of the sounds being too noisy and crushing each-other. This could be caused either by saturation that happens when your song's volume level goes above 0db, or, it could be caused by pushing way too much noises into a limiter. If you use a limiter, friendly tip, don't. Compressors are way better and they don't cut off louder sounds, they simply just gradually lower the louder noises the way you want them. Unless you do side-chaining, try learning and using compressors, they really help. Also, a trick when doing a song, I find it really easy to mix and master my song in the end if I put everything at half the usual volume in the beginning (Nothing goes above -6db). It makes it easy to add effects, EQs and boost frequencies without going over the dreaded 0db. It gives you some leeway.

Oh gosh this review is getting long what. I've listened to your song through this whole review and now it's basically impregnated in my head >.< So yeah, to recap, I really like the castle-medieval theme in this song, the drums are really great and just a bit repetitive, maybe try and get a better sample for the brass instrument? and the part @0:50 needs a fix. I wish we could edit reviews so that I could change this review if you end up fixing it, but oh well. Sadly, only a 3/5, mostly because the saturation/sound crushing part.

So, yeah I hope this review was helpful! This might be the longest review I've written on a one-minute long song to this date x)

-Tourmi

ClimbLadders responds:

(Sigh) I wrote a really detailed response to you for this. It was possibly even longer than the review! I responded to each paragraph.... To everything that was relevant....

but somehow, I didn't post it...and I don't remember it...plus I don't want to type all that again Everything happens for a reason, so I guess it was for the best. BUT I will say, All in all, thanks for the review!

The Void The Void

Is this inspired by Metroid? The start of the song really feels like it is from Metroid, it almost gave nostalgia chills. And I just noticed that someone also reviewed about that. It really feels inspired from it. Anyway, here's my actual review!

First, I want to say that the whole song really is soothing and someone could fall asleep to it easily. If it is what you were aiming for, good job! I really loved a lot of things in your song like the synth playing in the background for almost the whole song. It really made the song feel calmer and I think the Metroid impression mostly comes from it. I also really liked the melodies of the "violin" (I know it's not a violin, but that's what I'll call it) instrument appearing at 0:45. It made everything everything sound sadder and more beautiful.

Next, I want to talk about the flaws of the song. The flaws I found are mostly my personal opinion, so feel free to disagree with what I'm saying. For an ambient song, I feel like there aren't enough variations. It's obvious that you were aiming for it to be repetitive, but it can be too much sometimes. The "violin" felt repetitive, because of the amount of times you repeated that same melody with it. It would have been fun to hear some other melodies coming from it. There's only one other instrument that I think was repetitive, but I actually don't mind it, and it's the hi-hat. To me, it really feels fine, but someone else might complain about it being always the same thing trough the song. But yeah, the only instrument that I felt was repetitive is the violin's melody. The rest is perfectly fine.

Also, I really felt like the choir was out of place that first time it appeared. It was too sudden. I was legitimately surprised by it. Maybe fading it in would fix it, since I don't think there was anything else with it. It's only a small problem, but I still felt like saying it.

So, yeah. The whole song feels really nice, the stereo you put on the different instruments made everything feel more spacial and great. The title fits perfectly with the song. Really, good job on everything about the song, it would definitely fit a video game with a sad/lonely atmosphere. The only complains I have are about the repetitiveness of the "violin"'s melody and the choir appearing too suddenly.

Keep it up!
4.5/5

Chemiqals responds:

Wow, thanks for this! Not everyday you get such a wordy and helpful review! I actually haven't played Metroid in a loooong time, haha! This was mostly inspired by one of my favorite soundtracks which is for the game FTL: Faster Than Light! Which might actually have a resemblance to the Metroid soundtrack since they are both sci-fi!

Marvels - Rough Draft Marvels - Rough Draft

Holy-... I didn't expect that. I actually favorited you for your art, I didn't know you made music. So, let me jump right in the review!

Just for starters, I wanted to say that this is totally my kind of dubstep. I really love when electronic songs focus more on the melody and the instruments than the drums. It just sounds great and make everything epic. Great choice of genre!

I loved the song entirely and there wasn't any turn off parts that I didn't like, though, I still found some flaws (Nothing major, though). I really loved the piano melodies and the piano itself sounded really great. The bass was just perfect and it fitted perfectly with the song, and it was pure awesomeness in the drops. I loved the melody in the song, and like I said, I really love how you prioritized it over the drum, making everything sound blended in and melodic.

The voices were perfect. I really loved the singing, but I wished I could hear it better :/ I don't know if it was wanted or not, but I actually found the voices quiet and couldn't really hear what your vocalist was singing. Also, it would really be fun to see some lyrics for the song, so that if someone mishears something, he can look it up without pausing the song or if someone wants to sing along. So yeah, I would really enjoy the song even more if I could hear the singer better, but still blending in with the song.

One small glitch/flaw that I found. It's really small, but it surprised me in the song. At 2:11, there is a tiny cut-off for less than half a second where nothing plays. I don't think it's supposed to be there, so I prefer to point it out in case you didn't notice.

Finally, I really enjoyed the song. The piano was awesome, I loved the bass, the electronic leads sounded good and I really liked the arps in the background. The voice sounded great, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. So, if you fix that glitch at 2:11, I can say your song would be pretty much perfect and I would download it right away.

Great song, totally my genre. 4.5/5, 5/5, favorited

Keep it up and brony on!

January3rd responds:

Thank you so much for your in depth response! Your review is extremely appreciated. To address some of your points:

Thanks for liking the musical part of dubstep in general! Melodic, catchy dubstep has always been more pleasant to my ears than that which only relies on the drums or particular sounds without melody.

Don't worry 'bout the singing, totally working on that. For some reason, getting the vocals to sound right has always been the hardest part for me personally.

You are right about that little gap there at 2:11, I think it's a sidechaining error, or rather an error with my emulation of sidechaining, as garageband does not have actual sidechain compression. That will be fixed accordingly.

Isn't piano a beautiful sounding instrument? It's also my native instrument, as far as playing the thing goes. It was pretty fun to compose that part of the draft. Also, we'll definitely have the lyrics up in the final one.

Thanks for liking the drawings too! It's fun having multiple interests/obsessions to occupy time with.

All together, I really appreciate you taking the time to evaluate, and the problems are gonna get fixed. Thanks again!